Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MORE CHRISTMAS FUN AT JUST SOME LINES!!

Happy Wednesday!!  It's my turn to post something on JUST SOME LINES BLOG today and I have another Christmas creation for you:)

Before I get on with my project, I have had a crazy couple of days, and just need to get some of it off my chest so bear with me:) Monday, it was nasty rain here all day, and it was heavy rain all day, not just light mist or sprinkles, but heavy rain. I always pick my oldest daughter up from school on Mondays and Wednesdays for tutoring after school. I have to get there early b/c the area you have to go to pick up the kids is very small and if you don't get there early enough, you won't get out for a half an hr! So, I get there every Mon. and Weds., turn off the car, but leave music on and work on grocery lists, answering e-mails on my iPad, etc. Well, this Monday (2 days ago), I go to turn on my car after my daughter gets in and it is DEAD!! Thankfully, I was able to go into the school and find some staff members who were able to jump my car after I tried calling people for 1/2 hr. Felt bad because they had to stand out in the pouring rain. Then, I dropped my chenille glove in puddle of water when getting back into car.

Later Monday night, I burnt my thumb opening an oven bag that I was cooking a turkey in.  Then yesterday, I get the new battery for my van and my cell phone died, so off to Verizon and got a new cell phone - will take some getting used to - still a "dumb" phone as I like to call it - no touch screen, web or data plan, just for calling and texting - but different from the one I've had the past 3 years!

Ok, so sorry for babbling, feeling better now.  Want to share Jehanne's beautiful image of "Curly Sue Belts out a tune", which you can find at JUST SOME LINES SHOP.   I adore this image and imagine her singing beautiful Christmas carols. I have colored her with Copics and Fiskars glitter gel pens, cut with Nesties as with backing, which I also embossed with Sizzix folder.  Sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs and says "Christmas Greetings" (still not good with my camera) and cut with Lifestyle Crafts die.   Flowers and pins are from Wild Orchid Crafts.   I was inspired by Laura's pin making (see JUST SOME LINES BLOG for her post - right below mine) to use pins, although mine aren't homemade and not nearly as lovely.   Ribbon is from Michaels.   All DP is Imaginisce and all CS is Coredinations.   Hope you enjoy it!!

Don't forget to come play along in our HANDMADE GIFTS CHALLENGE!! Can't wait to see what you make:)

4 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

This is a gorgeous card, I love the wee image. Lee xx

Glennis F said...

Hope your disasters are all sorted now - not what you need right before Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I know this experience too well; sometimes there is a huge series of incidents that turn a normal day into a disaster. Hope, you'll manage the handling of your cell phone soon. (I also buy new cellphones only when the old one is finished)

But back to your card: It is really lovely. The image is so beautiful.

Have a nothing-goes-wrong-day!

Rhonda Miller said...

How cute. TFS.